• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic Post Order

#1 Big Til

Big Til
  • Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationAlberton

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:57

Hi guys, can anyone help me with what the monthly fee is for Virgin Active membership (when you only need access to 1 specific gym). Im thinking of doing some swimming for cross training.

Thanks
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

#2 leet22

leet22
  • Members
  • 2 813 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:06

About r90 I think If you on Discovery :unsure:
Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times

#3 cpt armpies mayhem

cpt armpies mayhem
  • Members
  • 17 155 posts
  • Province:Western Cape
  • LocationCape Town
  • Cycling Interests:MTB, Road, Downhill, BMX, Triathlon / Multisport, Commuting

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:07

depends on the club you go to, as well as whether you're a student or not, but anywhere between R 250 and R 400... Best thing to do is ask at your local, or phone them up.

Also depends on whether you go for an off-peak membership, or the normal membership.
"Listen to Mayhem" - Banna, 8th May 2012
"There's nothing I enjoy more than listening to a highly trained intelligence leapfrogging common sense and coming to the wrong conclusions. It gives me renewed faith in parliamentary democracy" - Wilt on High, Tom Sharpe

Importantly, I know the difference between “there”, “their” and “they’re” – and Fluck knows that’s a rare skill.

#4 cpt armpies mayhem

cpt armpies mayhem
  • Members
  • 17 155 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:10

About r90 I think If you on Discovery :unsure:

new benefit - 80% discount on normal fees. When you go for premier membership, it gets a bit more complicated (I know - I train the okes what sell you Vitality & Discovery Life etc)

Old benefit - classic membership was free of charge.
"There's nothing I enjoy more than listening to a highly trained intelligence leapfrogging common sense and coming to the wrong conclusions. It gives me renewed faith in parliamentary democracy" - Wilt on High, Tom Sharpe

Importantly, I know the difference between “there”, “their” and “they’re” – and Fluck knows that’s a rare skill.

#5 Guest_agteros_*

Guest_agteros_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:13

new benefit - 80% discount on normal fees. When you go for premier membership, it gets a bit more complicated (I know - I train the okes what sell you Vitality & Discovery Life etc)

and still is for those who keeps it going :D :clap:

#6 leet22

leet22
  • Members
  • 2 813 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:14

YEa now iys R540 +/- to join then X amount every month.
R146 if u want to use any gym :unsure:
Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times

#7 Squier

Squier
  • Members
  • 2 514 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:14

We're on Vitality. R735 once off initial fee and then R79.80 per month VS R399 per month normal membership.
The more you sweat in practice,
the less you bleed in battle!

Accommodation halfway between Cape Town and Gauteng in Gariep Dam - www.sonklip.co.za

#8 cpt armpies mayhem

cpt armpies mayhem
  • Members
  • 17 155 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:15

and still is for those who keeps it going :D :clap:

Yep. And if you don't, sorry for yooooouuuuuu! New joining fee, different structure etc. Unless, of course, it was an enforced absence thanks to travel / injury etc.

#9 cpt armpies mayhem

cpt armpies mayhem
  • Members
  • 17 155 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:20

YEa now iys R540 +/- to join then X amount every month.
R146 if u want to use any gym :unsure:

yep. But joining fee is a bit higher. Inflation and all that. R 645 this year, R 585 last.

#10 Guest_agteros_*

Guest_agteros_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:47

Yep. And if you don't, sorry for yooooouuuuuu! New joining fee, different structure etc. Unless, of course, it was an enforced absence thanks to travel / injury etc.

Yep, know.... so taking the kid to swim on Sunday arfies, and whatever else just to go for the occasional spinning class / roll around the training mats. Might have the new fees coming my way, but will then rather venture to the Linden heated municipal pool :D

#11 stewie911

stewie911
  • Members
  • 2 712 posts
  • Province:Not Selected
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:54

depends on the club you go to, as well as whether you're a student or not, but anywhere between R 250 and R 400... Best thing to do is ask at your local, or phone them up.

Also depends on whether you go for an off-peak membership, or the normal membership.

You wish. Premier membership is now around R530 from R470 last year. Luckily with multiply I pay only R150 or so

#12 cpt armpies mayhem

cpt armpies mayhem
  • Members
  • 17 155 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:35

You wish. Premier membership is now around R530 from R470 last year. Luckily with multiply I pay only R150 or so

those prices were for the classic membership. Premier is a different baby...

#13 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 9 786 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:21

I'm currently swimming in a 16m pool at Northcliff Health & Racquet but would like to swim in a 25m pool in the run up to Ironman

I phoned up VA in Cresta to enquire what the monthly fee would be just for the next 2 months and they quoted me R680 p.m. !! :o

#14 pastapouch

pastapouch
  • Banned
  • 7 436 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:39

Paying R480(?) pm.

#15 scotty

scotty
  • Members
  • 15 279 posts
  • Province:Gauteng
  • LocationLions Territory
  • Cycling Interests:MTB, Road

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:41

I pay R353 which gives me access to all the VA's except the ultra larney one in Melrose Arch.
Nelson Mandela - Nation Building
Jacob Zuma - Nkandla Building

#16 Sawdust

Sawdust
  • Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationEastern Cape

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:37

Sounds like I'd better squeeze in a few spinning classes then before Discovery kicks me out again.