Marietjie McDermott

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Province:Gauteng
  • LocationPretoria
  • Cycling Interests:MTB

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:24

My husband was shot(Monday night at 18:00) in the arm and his black and white Merida 29er and Garmin were stolen.The second shot was aimed directly into his face, but the.... missed!!!! It happened opposite the cemetery between Woodlands Mall and Mooikloof. My husband was shot at arm's length as he passed the suspects at high speed down the hill in Garsfontein Drive. Please be careful when you ride there. These things do not care if its busy or if its daytime. They shoot to kill.

#2 cpt armpies mayhem

cpt armpies mayhem

DH PANSY

• Members
  • 15 927 posts
  • Province:Western Cape
  • LocationCape Town
  • Cycling Interests:MTB, Road, Downhill, BMX, Triathlon / Multisport, Commuting

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:26

Sheesh, Marietjie - not cool! Glad to hear your hubby;s okay - even though he got hit in the arm...

Hang the bastards.
"Listen to Mayhem" - Banna, 8th May 2012
"There's nothing I enjoy more than listening to a highly trained intelligence leapfrogging common sense and coming to the wrong conclusions. It gives me renewed faith in parliamentary democracy" - Wilt on High, Tom Sharpe

Importantly, I know the difference between “there”, “their” and “they’re” – and Fluck knows that’s a rare skill.

#3 marko35s

marko35s

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 1 334 posts
  • Province:Western Cape
  • LocationCapetown

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:28

Wow.
Sorry to hear that, hope he recovers from the ordeal.

#4 V12man

V12man

Untrained Domestiquealy

• Members
  • 3 564 posts
  • LocationiGoli

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:34

I am very sorry to hear this - hope he heals up well.

As someone that got stabbed in a bike hijacking many years ago - PLEASE - go and get some trauma counselling - the whole family.

#5 Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

…buffering…

• Members
  • 48 644 posts
  • LocationSon of My Sorrows

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:37

I am very sorry to hear this - hope he heals up well.

As someone that got stabbed in a bike hijacking many years ago - PLEASE - go and get some trauma counselling - the whole family.

Totally agree. I was shot at during mine about 10 years ago. No injury about from brushes and scratches. But I made the mistake of not seeking help afterwards.
"There are two essential kinds of loneliness: that of not having found someone to love, and that of being deprived of the one you did love." - Julian Barnes

#6 Marietjie McDermott

Marietjie McDermott

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:42

Thanx guys! YAAAA! One of the reasons that he cycles is to get rid of frustrations at work and because its his passion and he loves competition and being in nature, but now his cycling and passion becomes a worry???? How's that in S.A.?

#7 V12man

V12man

Untrained Domestiquealy

• Members
  • 3 564 posts
  • LocationiGoli

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:03

Thanx guys! YAAAA! One of the reasons that he cycles is to get rid of frustrations at work and because its his passion and he loves competition and being in nature, but now his cycling and passion becomes a worry???? How's that in S.A.?

And probably a bigger worry for you too - because you don't have the level of control over what is happening that he does - that's why YOU need counselling too - even more important than him - and if you have kids - them too.

Your GP will be able to point you at a suitable person locally - give him/her a call.

#8 Joeboy69

Joeboy69

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:26

Wow ... Same as the Pretoria news front page ?

#9 Littleluxury

Littleluxury

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:34

Please could you indicate where this was. You can give me exact details via private message.

Thank you