Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:45
Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:59
Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:03
Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:08
If you are on a long ride and you get hungry, you can eat the food grade o-ring.
Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:17
Normal O-rings are manufactured from a material which is not suitable for use in a food environment. They are resistant to heat, solvents etc. Food grade O-rings are designed to be in contact with food products without contaminating/tainting them. They are non toxic as well. Silicone for example is inert (?) and won't taint the product or contaminate it which is what the Camelbak o-rings are made of as far as I know and can see...
Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:23
Thanks for all the advice. I have contacted an engineering supply shop,I will visit them tomorrow.