JGR, on 30 April 2012 - 08:11 , said:
We have an annual trip to Switzerland every June/July to see my girlfriends family! Score!
so... are you taking your bike with?
Ross Winckworth, on 30 April 2012 - 08:16 , said:
This in on my bucket list!
I'm just concerned over costs...and the time to save that amount of money!
Which areas are best or most popular?
Well, this will be my first trip, so new experiences all round.
But Morzine (France) seems to be a popular place to stay. Access to plenty of lifts, and trails. That's where we're staying.
Here are some maps of the general area
As for costs, it hasn't been too bad so far. Here's our estimated budget:
- flights - R6000 (bargain on Emirates)
- Accomodation - R3500 (for 2 weeks)
- Lift Pass - R1500 (for 13 days)
- Shuttles from Geneva Airport to Morzine and back again - R1500
- Visa - R700
- Daily Spending (food etc) - R4200 (that's based on R300/day just to be safe)
So that's just under R17 500 for 2 of riding in the Alps. If I go stingy o food (which i plan to do) that will come down by R1500 or so. Granted R17 500 is still quite a bit of money... but put it this way... it's cheaper, longer duration, and more fun than an Epic *puts on flame suit*