Photo

Darren Scott's new radio station...Ballz

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic Post Order

#1 Peloton Piet

Peloton Piet

Domestique

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:27

Darren Scott is starting up his own radio station after the "incident" at Jacaranda, now everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I really miss him as a morning DJ and especially as a supersport presenter. He will be brining back the rugby panel and one or two familiar voices with him.

The new station will be called Ballz Visual radio and it will be up and running when their facebook page "Ballz", reaches 10 000 likes. They are currently sitting on 8900 likes, so +- 1000 to go.

The link is as follows: http://url?sa=t&rct=...5GqXL5d2tWTU9bg (hopefully my link works)

Please show your support and go and like his facebook page.
Lastly Darren's son has been diagnosed with a tumor on his kidney, and after all that family has been through, I think everyone's support will be appreciated to get his radio staion of the ground.

#2 TNT1

TNT1

Bob

• Members
  • 28 265 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:32

(hopefully my link works)

It doesn't. Use this one:

http://www.facebook....allzVisualRadio
There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.Posted Image

#3 Peloton Piet

Peloton Piet

Domestique

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:34

It doesn't. Use this one:

http://www.facebook....allzVisualRadio

Thanks!

#4 pastapouch

pastapouch

Ultimate Hubber

• Banned
  • 7 436 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:35

...and I hope proper music

#5 BigBen

BigBen

Member of Company of Barb Asses

• Members
  • 12 950 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:36

Just wondering (and not to be negative) but how does 10000 likes relate to the actual starting of the radio station?

1) 10000 likes means you can get a licence? Unlikely me thinks
2) It means you have sufficient support .... you can get some sponsorship/advertising?

I listened to him occasionally and he is entertaining so hope it works out for him!
#IamSTILLSpecialized

"Self-importance is man's greatest enemy. What weakens him is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of his fellow men. Self-importance requires that one spend most of one's life offended by something or someone."

#6 pastapouch

pastapouch

Ultimate Hubber

• Banned
  • 7 436 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:40

Just wondering (and not to be negative) but how does 10000 likes relate to the actual starting of the radio station?

1) 10000 likes means you can get a licence? Unlikely me thinks
2) It means you have sufficient support .... you can get some sponsorship/advertising?

I listened to him occasionally and he is entertaining so hope it works out for him!

Not sure how it works over inter(do what you want)net, but to be able to braodcast or keep your licence you need 100 000 listeners.

#7 Peloton Piet

Peloton Piet

Domestique

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:47

My understanding is that this will be a internet radio station. I think the 10 000 likes was used, to attract sponsorship and advertising and maybe to piss off the "ex" radio station.

The first 6000/7000 likes came quickly, but they have slowed down considerable in the last week. So hopefully with the bad news on little Mark, they can at least launch their station this week.

#8 Cav'

Cav'

Hubber²

• Members
  • 8 692 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:54

I liked Darren on Jacaranda and on supersport he was good. Lets hope he pulls off the new station.

#9 The real MJ

The real MJ

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 2 478 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:00

Why did het leave Jacaranda and Supersport again?

#10 TNT1

TNT1

Bob

• Members
  • 28 265 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:01

Why did het leave Jacaranda and Supersport again?

He racially abused a colleague at a Jacaranda company get away. Or so I hear...
There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.Posted Image

#11 The real MJ

The real MJ

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 2 478 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:03

He racially abused a colleague at a Jacaranda company get away. Or so I hear...

Oh yes, now I remember. And Supersport? Or was it the same reason?

#12 TNT1

TNT1

Bob

• Members
  • 28 265 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:03

And Supersport? Or was it the same reason?

Same disaster I understand.

#13 The real MJ

The real MJ

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 2 478 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:05

I am not a fan of the man. He has a bit of an ego problem...

#14 Cav'

Cav'

Hubber²

• Members
  • 8 692 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:10

He is windgat, or rather he was windgat - but i think he came down to earth after losing everything

#15 Wet Ears

Wet Ears

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:17

No thanks

#16 Stretch

Stretch

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 11 611 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:21

Darren Scott is starting up his own radio station after the "incident" at Jacaranda, now everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I really miss him as a morning DJ and especially as a supersport presenter. He will be brining back the rugby panel and one or two familiar voices with him.

People still listen to radio stations?

as for Darren - good luck, for some reason i came across an article related to the whole incident this morning, and i guess you still have some serious damage control to do, cos I think you will get a lot of flack. That said, I used to listen to the bugger on Capital Radio 604 back in the 80's - so he certainly has proved himself as a DJ

"I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong, to measure yourself at least once, to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions, facing the blind, deaf stone alone with nothing to help you but your hands and your own head." - Primo Levi