Exporting contacts from BlackBerry to Samsung Galaxy Note

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic Post Order

#1 Big H*

Big H*
  • Banned
  • 8 682 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:47

I was able to export my contacts from Windows Live Mail to my Galaxy Note. How do I export my contacts form the Blackberry to the Note. I do not want to send them name by name as .vcf contact card.
SIGNATURE REMOVED - The composition of a tragedy requires testicles - Cherish truth, pardon error

#2 TNT1

TNT1
  • Members
  • 28 265 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:53

Good luck. BB is cursed when it comes to transferring contacts to other devices.

Your best option would be to get the google app for BB, sync your BB contacts via that to Gmail. The Note will automatically pick them up then when you let it sync with google.

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

http://www.google.co...bd460d79c&hl=en
There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.Posted Image

#3 Flowta

Flowta
  • Members
  • 4 330 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:56

You "should" be able to sync with Microsoft outlook with the BB and then sync Outlook with the Note.

Will "hopefully" take care of numbers as well as emails
www.energypartners.co.za

#4 Big H*

Big H*
  • Banned
  • 8 682 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:31

View PostFlowta, on 11 January 2012 - 10:56 , said:

You "should" be able to sync with Microsoft outlook with the BB and then sync Outlook with the Note.

Will "hopefully" take care of numbers as well as emails

Thanx but I do not use Outlook. I use Windows Live Mail, looks similar to Outlook.
SIGNATURE REMOVED - The composition of a tragedy requires testicles - Cherish truth, pardon error

#5 TNT1

TNT1
  • Members
  • 28 265 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:35

View Posteccentric1, on 11 January 2012 - 11:31 , said:

Thanx but I do not use Outlook. I use Windows Live Mail, looks similar to Outlook.

You can't sync a BB to win live mail. RIM do not provide a PIM for Windows Live Mail.
There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.Posted Image

#6 Big H*

Big H*
  • Banned
  • 8 682 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:50

View PostTNT1, on 11 January 2012 - 11:35 , said:

You can't sync a BB to win live mail. RIM do not provide a PIM for Windows Live Mail.

Busy doing the sync to Google............ thanx

#7 Big H*

Big H*
  • Banned
  • 8 682 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:25

View PostTNT1, on 11 January 2012 - 10:53 , said:

Good luck. BB is cursed when it comes to transferring contacts to other devices.

Your best option would be to get the google app for BB, sync your BB contacts via that to Gmail. The Note will automatically pick them up then when you let it sync with google.

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

http://www.google.co...bd460d79c&hl=en

Thanx, the sync worked :clap:  :clap:

#8 TNT1

TNT1
  • Members
  • 28 265 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:25

:thumbup:

#9 MeridaHFS aka Bulls

MeridaHFS aka Bulls
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:30

Ok, another one for the tech gurus. Can I copy my contacts(Nokia phone) to the current memory card and then using the memory card put them onto my blackberry?
I'm bit useless with the blackberry's at the moment but will learn with time!
Don't steal. The government hates competition.

#10 TNT1

TNT1
  • Members
  • 28 265 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:26

View PostMeridaHFS, on 11 January 2012 - 01:30 , said:

Ok, another one for the tech gurus. Can I copy my contacts(Nokia phone) to the current memory card and then using the memory card put them onto my blackberry?
I'm bit useless with the blackberry's at the moment but will learn with time!

There are two options.

1. Using Nokia PC Suite or Ovi, sync your nokia with your outlook, and then install the BB Desktop software and sync the BB with your Outlook.

2. If you're like the Oom, and don't use Outlook, copy all the contacts to the SIM card (not the sd card) on the Nokia, then insert that SIM into the BB  and copy the contacts to the BB.

Wait, third option, which relies on you having backed up your Nokia contacts onto your PC.
first open the BB desktop manager
press synchronise,
then from the list on the left under "configure" press "synchronization",
then from the new window press synchronization tab,  for configuring the settings,
a window will  pop up, select "address book" and double click on "address book" a wizard will open,
select then from list "ASCII exporter/importer", press next,
select  "one way TO device from ASCII exporter/importer",  press next,
select browse tab and search for the .nbu file, press next ,  press finish
this will close the wizard and leave you in the window you were at previously, so then press "ok" to go back to the original window.
you have now set that the .nbu file you have will be your synchronization file.
then now from the original window of the desktop manager , from the list on the left press first button "synchronize"
tick fields of synchronization,  
then press synchronize tab

(this looks and sounds complicated to me)

#11 Big H*

Big H*
  • Banned
  • 8 682 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:33

View PostTNT1, on 11 January 2012 - 05:26 , said:

There are two options.

1. Using Nokia PC Suite or Ovi, sync your nokia with your outlook, and then install the BB Desktop software and sync the BB with your Outlook.

2. If you're like the Oom, and don't use Outlook, copy all the contacts to the SIM card (not the sd card) on the Nokia, then insert that SIM into the BB  and copy the contacts to the BB.

Wait, third option, which relies on you having backed up your Nokia contacts onto your PC.
first open the BB desktop manager
press synchronise,
then from the list on the left under "configure" press "synchronization",
then from the new window press synchronization tab,  for configuring the settings,
a window will  pop up, select "address book" and double click on "address book" a wizard will open,
select then from list "ASCII exporter/importer", press next,
select  "one way TO device from ASCII exporter/importer",  press next,
select browse tab and search for the .nbu file, press next ,  press finish
this will close the wizard and leave you in the window you were at previously, so then press "ok" to go back to the original window.
you have now set that the .nbu file you have will be your synchronization file.
then now from the original window of the desktop manager , from the list on the left press first button "synchronize"
tick fields of synchronization,  
then press synchronize tab

(this looks and sounds complicated to me)

I use Windows Live Mail because it worx so well. I had problems in Angola using Outlook and started using Windows Live Mail ....... The one you download and istall, not the pure internet based one like GMail, Yahoo and all the others. It is eay and verrrry seamless to use if youtravel a lot.

#12 TNT1

TNT1
  • Members
  • 28 265 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:54

View Posteccentric1, on 11 January 2012 - 06:33 , said:

I use Windows Live Mail because it worx so well. I had problems in Angola using Outlook and started using Windows Live Mail ....... The one you download and istall, not the pure internet based one like GMail, Yahoo and all the others. It is eay and verrrry seamless to use if youtravel a lot.

Yeah, I prefer it to Outlook as well. Not that I use either of them regularly, but WLM is faster and more seamless than Outlook.