Photo

Registration of all Military Veterans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic Post Order

#1 gummibear

gummibear

ich liebe Radfahren

• Inactive
  • 23 929 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:31

The Department of Military Veterans (DMV) is custodian of the National Military Veteran's Database established in 2005 and in line with its mandate; the Department is embarking - in partnership with the Department of Defence - on the database clean-up operation from 01 to 14 December 2011.

This initiative is critical to:
• Determine those in the database who are deceased
• Update personal details of military veterans
• Include information on military veterans and dependants pertinent for socio-economic support as per Section 5 of the Military Veterans’ Bill.

CALLING ON ALL MILITARY VETERANS
The Department is calling on all military veterans with force numbers and currently registered with the national database to present themselves to South African national Military Veterans Association (SANMVA) in their Provinces. This will facilitate finalization of logistics to process them for the update of personal files at selected registration points in the Province.

The DMV and SANMVA organizations have agreed on the following:
• The number of military veterans who will update personal files per day per registration point.
• List of names of military veterans to be processed per day per registration point.
• Transportation of military veterans who need this service, from a specific collection point to the registration point and back.

REGISTRATION POINTS
Gauteng Kensington Garrison in Johannesburg & Thaba Tshwane in Pretoria
Limpopo Polokwane Regiment Christian Beyers & Thohonyandou 15 SAI
North West Regt de la Rey Potchefstroom & Mafikeng 10 SAI Bn
Free State Regt Bloemspruit Bloemfontein & Betlehem 2 Fd Regt
Eastern Cape 14 SAI Bn Mthatha & Prince Alfred Guard PE
Mpumalanga 1 Ops Facility in Nelspruit & Middleburg
Northern Cape Kimberley Regt & 8 SAI Bn Upington
Western Cape Inf School in Oudtshoorn & Forte Capa in Goodwood
KZN Lords Ground in Durban & 5 SAI Bn Ladysmith

DECEASED MILITARY VETERANS
Dependants of deceased military veterans are also called upon to present themselves at organizations of their spouse/parent for processing to update information on their family files.

ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTATION
Military veterans are urged to bring certified copies of the following documents:
• Identity documents including those of dependants
• Marriage certificates
• Educational or training qualifications
• Drivers Licence
• Proof of Residence
• Deeds of Trust of houses
• Business registration certificates where this is applicable
• School reports of children where this is applicable

Dependants are urged to bring certified coies of the following documents:
• IDs
• Death certificates of spouses/parents
• School reports where this is applicable

ENQUIRIES
The following numbers can be contacted for further enquiries 012 671 1015 and 012 671 2556.

MILITARY VETERANS YET TO BE REGISTERED WITH THE NATIONAL MILITARY VETERANS DATABASE

The process to register bona fide military veterans yet to be registered with the database will follow immediately after the database clean-up process. The process will proceed as follows:
1. Registration with military veterans’ organisations
2. Submission of lists to the Department by military veterans organisations
3. Interviews
4. Confirmation of Military veterans status by Minister
5. Registration in the National Military Veterans’ Database

(SIGNED)
T.E. MOTUMI
DIRECTOR GENERAL: DEPARTMENT OF MILITARY VETERANS
Posted Image
........_o
......_\.\>,
....(_)/(_)..................
Earn your descent......whatever goes up must go down

#2 nickc

nickc

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 2 742 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:58

The Department of Military Veterans (DMV) is custodian of the National Military Veteran's Database established in 2005 and in line with its mandate; the Department is embarking - in partnership with the Department of Defence - on the database clean-up operation from 01 to 14 December 2011.

This initiative is critical to:
• Determine those in the database who are deceased
• Update personal details of military veterans
• Include information on military veterans and dependants pertinent for socio-economic support as per Section 5 of the Military Veterans’ Bill.

CALLING ON ALL MILITARY VETERANS
The Department is calling on all military veterans with force numbers and currently registered with the national database to present themselves to South African national Military Veterans Association (SANMVA) in their Provinces. This will facilitate finalization of logistics to process them for the update of personal files at selected registration points in the Province.

The DMV and SANMVA organizations have agreed on the following:
• The number of military veterans who will update personal files per day per registration point.
• List of names of military veterans to be processed per day per registration point.
• Transportation of military veterans who need this service, from a specific collection point to the registration point and back.

REGISTRATION POINTS
Gauteng Kensington Garrison in Johannesburg & Thaba Tshwane in Pretoria
Limpopo Polokwane Regiment Christian Beyers & Thohonyandou 15 SAI
North West Regt de la Rey Potchefstroom & Mafikeng 10 SAI Bn
Free State Regt Bloemspruit Bloemfontein & Betlehem 2 Fd Regt
Eastern Cape 14 SAI Bn Mthatha & Prince Alfred Guard PE
Mpumalanga 1 Ops Facility in Nelspruit & Middleburg
Northern Cape Kimberley Regt & 8 SAI Bn Upington
Western Cape Inf School in Oudtshoorn & Forte Capa in Goodwood
KZN Lords Ground in Durban & 5 SAI Bn Ladysmith

DECEASED MILITARY VETERANS
Dependants of deceased military veterans are also called upon to present themselves at organizations of their spouse/parent for processing to update information on their family files.

ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTATION
Military veterans are urged to bring certified copies of the following documents:
• Identity documents including those of dependants
• Marriage certificates
• Educational or training qualifications
• Drivers Licence
• Proof of Residence
• Deeds of Trust of houses
• Business registration certificates where this is applicable
• School reports of children where this is applicable

Dependants are urged to bring certified coies of the following documents:
• IDs
• Death certificates of spouses/parents
• School reports where this is applicable

ENQUIRIES
The following numbers can be contacted for further enquiries 012 671 1015 and 012 671 2556.

MILITARY VETERANS YET TO BE REGISTERED WITH THE NATIONAL MILITARY VETERANS DATABASE

The process to register bona fide military veterans yet to be registered with the database will follow immediately after the database clean-up process. The process will proceed as follows:
1. Registration with military veterans’ organisations
2. Submission of lists to the Department by military veterans organisations
3. Interviews
4. Confirmation of Military veterans status by Minister
5. Registration in the National Military Veterans’ Database

(SIGNED)
T.E. MOTUMI
DIRECTOR GENERAL: DEPARTMENT OF MILITARY VETERANS

Gummi - is where ex SADF white conscripts are not considered military veterans, as per the program on Carte Blanche the other night?
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

#3 gummibear

gummibear

ich liebe Radfahren

• Inactive
  • 23 929 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:15

Are you serious?So is it only MK and Apla.What about Swapo ters?
Posted Image
........_o
......_\.\>,

#4 nickc

nickc

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 2 742 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:28

Are you serious?So is it only MK and Apla.What about Swapo ters?

Probally them as well. Yes only the "freedom fighters" whose greatest achievements in most case was planting an odd bomb or two in a Wimpy can be considered military veterans, us conscripts are not catered for. There was a big expose on Carte Blanche about. If you are a military vet you are one regardless what the outcome was.

#5 gummibear

gummibear

ich liebe Radfahren

• Inactive
  • 23 929 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:56

A friend of mine works at NIA and he was telling me that they have to check on all the old SAP/SADF guys that had any special traing ie Koevoet,Recces,32,Bats and SAP STF and Reaction Units.They are checking where they are and what they doing.
Wonder if they know where all the MK and Apla members are?The ANC told them to pull off robberies to raise cash for the fight,could that be why robberies are still so high?
Posted Image
........_o
......_\.\>,

#6 majestic

majestic

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:58

another case of screw us white guy. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: and pay for it with out tax dollars :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
IF YOU THINK YOU CAN OR YOU THINK YOU CAN"T EITHER WAY YOU ARE RIGHT

#7 Fatsmoker

Fatsmoker

Domestique

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:12

I, for one, am glad that I don't have to go and register. I have absolutely no inclination to be on any military/veteran database this government might have.

#8 majestic

majestic

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:23

I, for one, am glad that I don't have to go and register. I have absolutely no inclination to be on any military/veteran database this government might have.

it is not about you or I but about the guys that need state assistance.There are a lot of guys who have never recovered emotionally and have never been able to get on with their lives because of what they experienced.They the ones that are being denied assistance while anyone who "claims to be a freedom fighter" is now being given hand outs. Just scrap it, but no they won't as it is another cow to milk :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

#9 SWM1

SWM1

Champion Hubber

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:46

There are a lot of guys who have never recovered emotionally and have never been able to get on with their lives because of what they experienced.

Damn right!

My year of service taught me how to sit around and wait, and also introduced me to beer. :blush:

I've never been the same.
"I'm unbelievably attractive, incredibly wealthy, hung like a pony and amazingly good in bed. But most of all, I'm modest."

#10 Grebel

Grebel

Lead Legs

• Members
  • 7 198 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:58

So if you did national service then you should register...right?
Seeing as my Hogwarts application was rejected, I'm leaving the shire to become a Jedi.

#11 majestic

majestic

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:12

big NO

#12 nickc

nickc

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 2 742 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:29

So if you did national service then you should register...right?

You are not allowed to, this is only hand outs to the brave freedom fighters who were no where to be seen at the time but now there are seemingly thousands looking for financial gain.

If you did national service you do not qualify - you were part of the baddies.

So do not register.

As my wife says, they probaly do not want any ex SADF conscripts because they are still angry at how the SADF used to stuff them up in action.

Edited by nickc, 04 December 2011 - 09:30 .

#13 kosmonooit

kosmonooit

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 7 078 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:03

Then someone needs to organise an association of ex SADF conscriptees to lobby for support and make the issues known. What choice did the teenage white male have, but to conform to the brutal system that robbed so many of their youth.
"What we know is little, and what we are ignorant of is immense"

Pierre-Simon Laplace

#14 Mojoman

Mojoman

Stoner

• Members
  • 5 745 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:44

The current government probably just want to know how many of its terrorists are still wasting oxygen....one day they may need them again.

#15 Big H*

Big H*

Since August 2004

• Banned
  • 8 682 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:21

I hear the Navy Military Vets form quite a considerable number, they are all very young and were Semen at the time of the struggle.
SIGNATURE REMOVED - The composition of a tragedy requires testicles - Cherish truth, pardon error

#16 nickc

nickc

Ultimate Hubber

• Members
  • 2 742 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:29

I hear the Navy Military Vets form quite a considerable number, they are all very young and were Semen at the time of the struggle.

:clap: :clap: